Indian Head, Saskatchewan
Employment Terms: Full Time
Vale Industries develops and manufactures equipment for agriculture, aggregate, mining and related industries. Vale requires a Purchasing Manager for a full time position.
Reporting to the Operations Manager this position will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Assists in all facets of the purchasing function which includes procurement, quoting, ordering and supply chain development and evaluation.
- Responsible for the maintenance of sound partnerships with suppliers to assist in Vale’s journey toward Lean supply chain management.
- Responsible for the maintenance of records, procedures and processes in accordance with Lean practices.
- Will assist in continuous process improvements in line with Vale’s production team goals.
- Responsible for the purchase of all raw materials, building accessories, equipment and services.
- Reports on all pertinent procurement areas.
- Maintains optimum levels of raw material inventory.
- Manages and controls vendors based on the extent that their service/product can affect our ability to meet corporate and customer requirements. This applies to initial selection, re-evaluation, resolution of service/product concerns, and nonconformances.
- Responsible for the receiving and warehousing of materials.
- Demonstrates effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses well developed oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of scheduling, planning and executing multiple tasks under pressure.
- Works very well in a Team environment.
- Supply Chain Management Professional Designation (SCMP) or Certified Professional Purchaser (CPP) is preferred.
- 5+ Years Purchasing experience would be considered.
- Must show competency in the use of Microsoft Office Software.
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret engineered drawings.
Vale Industries Ltd. is a manufacturing plant that fabricates agricultural products as well as aggregate and mining equipment. We recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of Vale Industries. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants.
We offer a strong compensation package including:
- Competitive base salary plus company results based bonus
- Paid vacation
- Health and dental benefits
To apply for this position submit your resume and qualifications using the following form, by email
or Fax: 1 (306) 695-2666. Resumes may be dropped off to our main reception area during regular office hours.